Sunday 30 March 2014

Liebster Award 2014

Hi everyone! I’m going to post something a little different. I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Monique over at Mo_Books recently, and I’m so amazed that I was even considered! Thank you so much Monique.


The Rules:

~ Make Sure you thank and link back the person who nominated you.

~ List 11 Facts about yourself.

~ Answer the 11 questions put forward by whoever nominated you.

~ Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers. They must have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin' (or their preferred method). You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.

~ Go to their blog and inform them that they have been nominated!

Here we go!


11 Facts About Me

1. My favourite colours are purple and blue.

2. I love the winter, but hate the summer.

3. I love football (or soccer) and Chelsea Football Club. If a Chelsea match is shown on TV, chances are I’m watching and more than likely screaming at the screen.

4. I hate pop music – sorry, can’t stand it. Hurts my ears...

5. I am not a morning person. 9am is the middle of the night as far as I’m concerned.

6. I require two cups of coffee every morning to function. If I don’t get my caffeine fix… run!

7. I am extremely shy. In groups I’m usually the quiet one in the corner, barely speaking a word --

8. Until you get to know me. Then I’m extremely outgoing, especially when I’m in small groups of people I know really well.

9. I have a two year old Siberian Husky. She loves to interrupt me reading (or when I’m doing anything at all for that matter), and insists I play with her instead. I love her to bits.

10. I’m claustrophobic, and hate the thoughts of getting trapped anywhere. I think this is a Sagittarian thing…

11. I have been told I’m level-headed. Not sure I agree with that, but hey, it seems like a compliment… so I’ll go with it!


Questions:

1. What are you currently reading?

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. Already I can tell it’s going to be a new favourite, I love it.

2. What is your favourite book(s) of all time?

Pride and Prejudice; Angelfall; The Hunger Games.

3. How did you come up with your blogs name?

I was playing around with a few names and I had random bookish words typed out on a document. I was listening to Journey Through Pressure by Katatonia, and unconsciously I started subbing words… and things just sort of clicked.

4. Who are your top 3 book boyfriends?

This is incredibly hard! If I have to choose, it would be:

Dex Foray – Experiment in Terror
Daemon Black – Lux
Lucas Maxfield – Easy

5. Do you have a favourite book quote?

Oh, I have so many, but I'll limit it to three:

“You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.”

(I won’t say who the characters are, spoilers and all…) -- Mockingjay -- Susan Collins.

This one is kind of morbid, but when it’s read in the context of the book it’s beautiful:

“Do you think because you can’t see my scars that they don’t exist?... Most People have their pain deep inside them, in places no one ever goes. Not until it’s too late.”

Camden McQueen -- Sins & Needles -- Karina Halle.

And on a much lighter note, this:

“I never kid about my warrior demigod status."
"Oh. My. God." I lower my voice, having forgotten to whisper. "You are nothing but a bird with an attitude. Okay, so you have a few muscles, I’ll grant you that. But you know, a bird is nothing but a barely evolved lizard. That’s what you are.”

Raffe and Penryn –- Angelfall –- Susan Ee

6. Do you have any of your own personal memes on your blog?

No, not really. I’m very new to blogging, and have yet to finish off all the basics (I really need to concentrate on that!)

7. If you could meet any author, past or present, who would it be?

Humm, what about both in the past and present? If I could meet an author in the past it would be Jane Austen, in the present, it would be Karina Halle.

8. Have any bookish pet peeves?

I hate perfect characters. They are unrealistic and fake. Give me a tortured soul any day!

9. What are your favourite genres?

I love anything with a paranormal twist. YA, dystopian, sci-fi and fantasy are probably my favourites at the minute.

10. What do you like doing in your spare time?

Apart from reading and writing? My dog (she demands my time, whether I choose to give it or not!) football, gaming, cooking, music, photography…

11. If you could be a character from any book, go to any world, who would you be? Where would you go? And (again from any book) who would you bring with you?

If I could be any character, I’d be a combination of Katniss Everdeen and Penryn form Angelfall. Where would I go… humm… I’d actually be mad enough to want to visit the world in Under the Never Sky, provided I ran into Perry and/or Roar pretty quickly. And I could leave whenever I wanted! Who would I bring with me… haha! I’d love to see what Dex Foray would do in that situation. That would be hilarious!


My 11 Questions for you:


1. Who are your favourite authors?
2. If you could choose to meet one character from a book in real life, who would you pick and why?
3. What book(s) made you cry?
4. What was the last book you read that you didn’t expect to like, but ended up loving?
5. What book(s) do you feel are overrated?
6. Who is your most embarrassing celebrity crush?
7. You just won an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere on the planet. Where would you go and why?
8. Do you have any pets?
9. What music do you listen to, and who are your favourite musicians/bands?
10. What is your guilty pleasure? (Not necessarily book/blogging related)
11. (Just for fun) Do you think you would (or could!) survive a zombie apocalypse?


My Nominees:

Nadia @ Nadia Reads
Samantha @ Ellipsis Comma Dash
Patty @ Patty's Book Corner
Celine and Elyssa @ Two Ends of a Bookshelf
Jordypaigebooks
Hagar @ The Serial Book Lover
Keeley @ Lost in the Pages of a Book
Itara @ My Midnight fantasies
Brittany @ Please feed the Bookworm


6 comments:

  1. Thanks you so much for nominating me!!! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your answers to my questions Alma! I'm happy I got to know a little about you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...