Sunday 16 March 2014

Stacking the Shelves #1

Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


Don’t you just love when a box full of books arrives at the door unexpectedly? Well, in my case the unexpected part wasn’t a box, but an envelope from Pan MacMillan with a copy of Thirteen by Tom Hoyle. I was all kinds of confused until I poked around Goodreads and found out I won a giveaway I entered. This will teach me to check my emails more often, even though I loved the surprise!

Books I Bought

A rule I highly recommend living by: You can never have too many books, even when you have over thirty paperbacks decorating your shelves just waiting to be read… (I just can’t help buying good second hand books; I think it’s becoming a serious addiction!) I have been known to get quite pissed when the spines have been badly damaged or some pages have dog-ears or highlights without it being disclosed if I’m ordering online. Grrrr!! This batch looks fantastic though (phew!)


- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Evernight by Claudia Gray
- Die for Me by Amy Plum
- Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
- Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

And onto a completely random topic:

I took the plunge and started blogging at the end of January this year, but due to illness I didn’t really focus on it until the last week or so of February. I hadn’t a clue about coding, graphics or anything blog related. I can only imagine the horror written on my face the first time I saw the CSS/html split editing screen! I can be a bit of a control freak, so I like finding out what makes things happen. It’s taking a while, but I’m learning as I go, and I love it. The only down side: it has eating into my reading time, but once I get things kind of how I like them, I’ll have loads more time back on my hands to read – and maybe tackle that TBR shelf that’s overflowing with paperbacks...

I really want to say a HUGE Thank You to Ashley over at Nose Graze. Her blogging and coding tutorials are so easy to follow and they explain things clearly to a completely clueless beginner and aspiring blogger like me. She totally deserves a medal!


8 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I love the look of Thirteen, I bought that one for myself recently and can't wait to read it. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it’s one of those books that pictures don’t do it justice. Hopefully I can sneak it into my reading schedule soon :)

      Delete
  2. Nice haul! And you're so right about Ashley! She's so amazing at this stuff and she makes everything look easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does. I wish I could just tap into her brain temporarily when I'm confused about stuff, it would save a lot of hair pulling!

      Delete
  3. I love the cover of Thirteen! It's so pretty!
    Hex Hall, The Immortal Rules & Die For Me are all amazing! I hate ordering second hand books online too. Most of the time they're good, but then you get the odd one that completely doesn't match the description. I've heard great things about Grave Mercy so I hope you enjoy it :D
    Great haul! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh brill, I'm glad to hear they are good. I've been going through a bit of a reading hit or miss patch lately, so I'm super happy to see I have a few good one coming up. Happy reading :D

      Delete
  4. Lovely box full of books!! That's always a nice sight. That cover for Thirteen looks so good, I hope you enjoy the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too. I haven't started it just yet, but it looks really good. Happy reading!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...