Tuesday 4 March 2014

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish. This is my first time taking part, and it’s such a good topic, I had to give it a go.

Well, this will be nothing short of embarrassing! It took me a little over five minutes of sorting through Goodreads to realise I can fill a top 25 list on this topic. Since I’m – thankfully – limited to ten, I’ve chosen what I think are my most cringe-worthy omissions.


1. J.K. Rowling: Yeah. I’ve never read Harry Potter. I have no excuses. Might as well get the most embarrassing one out of the way first.


2. Stephen King: I don’t mind horror. I quite like being scared, but, umm, I don’t know. His novels just never appealed to me.


3. Gillian Flynn: This one can take a tiny bit of the embarrassment away. I actually own a copy of Gone Girl, but haven’t yet read it.


4. Paullina Simons: I want to read The Bronze Horseman, but then I notice the page count…


5. Richelle Mead: I really should get started on this one. I have no idea why I haven’t read it. I believe Vampire Academy is quite popular *ducks behind desk*


6. J. R. R. Tolkien: Lord of the Rings? Umm, no excuses on this one either.


7. Kevin Hearne: This is another one I can avoid a little ridicule over: I have the first book in The Iron Druid Chronicles among my leaning tower of TBR’s.


8. E.L. James: Fifty Shade of Grey? Am I really missing anything with this one?


9. Lauren Oliver: Delirium has been on the edge on my shopaholic tendencies for a while now. I just haven’t bought it yet.


10. Terry Pratchett: Er, how many books are there in the Discworld series?!


Have you read any of these? What did you think? Any I should rush to the top of my TBR? I’d love to hear your opinions. Also, if you have any confessions of popular authors yet to make it into your own reading history, leave a comment. I’d love to see if we have any in common



4 comments:

  1. I don't participate in this meme, but it was quite interesting to see other people's lists this week. It definitely made me feel better about how behind I am on so many popular books. No need to keep your head down, I always think I'm the last person to read all the hyped stuff, but I've even seen HP on quite a few lists yesterday. That's one series I would always recommend by the way, you should put it on top of the pile! :)
    And I love Richelle Mead, you should definitely give her chance. I would talk you out of E.L. James on principle (I never read anything from her), I don't think you're missing out there.
    Lauren Oliver's Delirium books are on my TBR pile as well, I'll hope to get to it one of these days. I will probably never read a single Stephen King/Tolkien book though. Not because they're bad, but they just aren't my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did notice quite a few people haven't read J.K.Rowling. I don't feel so bad now. I'll move Harry Potter closer to the top of my TBR list for sure! And Richelle Mead too. I know she has several other series as well, so, looks like my TBR will have lots of new additions :D

      Delete
  2. Yay me I have read about 2/10 authors on there oops....hehe so I guess you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, LOL. I usually get distracted by those lovely shiny new releases, and the older established series I haven't read yet get pushed further down the list =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...