Tuesday 25 March 2014

Top Ten Things on My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish.This week’s topic is our top ten bookish related things we have on our bucket lists. It can be anything from blogging, to meeting authors or anything book related!


1. Read 121 books in 2014.

I managed to read 120 in 2013, and I’m determined to beat that score, even if it’s just by one book! And, yes, this is my competitive streak coming out…


2. Finish off the basics and be happy with the design of my blog.

I really need to focus on this. I keep seeing little things to do that end up taking hours rather than minutes… and this means I have hardly any time to tackle the big things!


3. Own a complete hardback set of my favourite series, and each book signed by the author.

How amazing would that be! Maybe one day…


4. Somehow, someway finish the remaining four hundred pages of Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward.

It’s book #5 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and I’ve tried to read it twice, and I’ve quit… twice. Zsadist totally ruined this series for me, the rest are bland in comparison.


5. Write a book, and have the patience to finish it.

I don’t think I’d last beyond the first edit.


6. Ignore the reviews and read Allegiant by Veronica Roth.

I really liked Divergent, but Insurgent didn’t live up to my expectations. I don’t like leaving a trilogy I liked at one stage incomplete. I don’t know, and don't want to know how it ends… I’ve been staying miles away from spoilers!


7. Re-read some of my favourites, like Pride and Prejudice.

There are just so many good new books that I want to read, I haven’t had the chance to revisit some of my old favourites lately.


8. Read The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simmons.

That page count intimidates me so badly, but I need to just get out of my own head and read it!


9. Meet my favourite authors in person.



10. Have my own library, like Belle's from Beauty and the Beast

This is waaaay in the future. Or more realistically: never. But! If I ever win the Euromillions, and get the chance to build my own house, I would be mad enough to consider adding this to my grand plans:



A girl can dream, right?! Plus, I should have the spare cash to actually fill the shelves with books too…

What would make it onto your bookish bucket list?


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I do, too! It's one of my favourite scenes from the movie.

      Delete
  2. I've seen Belle's library a lot today! I'm constantly doing 2, I added a Goodreads reading widget just this morning. I'm keep adding and editing little things. I'm just happy your bloglovin' button is at the top of the page, often I have to go on a treasure hunt to find it on other blogs!

    ★ Under The Mountain's Supernatural TTT ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard not to keep changing things! I'm tempted to re-do stuff, but I'm trying to resist for as long as I can =)

      Delete
  3. YES! I want number 10 too! Posted that pic once myself as well on another similar post! So of course I totally forget to do it this time!

    You really should read Allegiant. I avoided all reviews myself at the time, might have read one or two. Then I started hearing the angst and I basically cut myself off from anything Allegiant related. Despite what others said, I enjoyed it myself. There's definite emotions brewing, but I still loved the trilogy!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I really hope Allegiant is better than what I'm expecting. I'll want to read it at some stage, but trying to keep expectations low. Thanks for visiting, Jessica :)

      Delete
  4. Ughhhh Belle's library is the bookish ideal!

    I've heard that about the Divergent trilogy, too. I'm hesitant to start it cause I don't want to be disappointed after the first book (and then have to read the third anyway because I can't just leave it incomplete!).

    Here's my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about leaving a trilogy incomplete. No matter how long it takes, unless I really hate the first book, I'll complete it even if it's years later! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...