Wednesday 19 March 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Salvage by Alexandra Duncan

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Salvage

Salvage by Alexandra Duncan

Expected publication: April 1st 2014

Ava, a teenage girl living aboard the male-dominated deep space merchant ship Parastrata, faces betrayal, banishment, and death.

Taking her fate into her own hands, she flees to the Gyre, a floating continent of garbage and scrap in the Pacific Ocean, in this thrilling, surprising, and thought-provoking debut novel that will appeal to fans of Across the Universe, by Beth Revis, and The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood.

-- Blurb as seen on Goodreads


I enjoy a good dystopia, and I really enjoyed Across the Universe, so I'm expecting good things from this book. Some of the ARC reviews have been hit or miss... so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) it turns into a new favourite when I get a chance to read it.

What upcoming releases do you recommend?


12 comments:

  1. I agree!! I've really been wanting to read this one. I loved Across the Universe as well.
    I'm a new bloglovin follower =D
    Here's my pick
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/03/waiting-on-wednesday-winds-of-winter-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love that series! I'm hoping it lives up to it.
      Thanks for visiting and I followed back :D

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I was on the miss part, just really wasn't my thing. Hope you enjoy it though! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! I think I need to lower my expectations a lot. That's one problem I have when books are advertised as similar to another series - If you love that series, your expectations go through the roof! Better take off the rose tinted glasses and Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Great pick, so looking forward to this one! I loved the Across the universe trilogy, hope this one will be good too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping it lives up to the hype. I'd like to go in with an open mind, but with it already compared to a really good series, that's going to be hard! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I love this cover

    Check out my WoW
    http://adventuresofareader.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I do too, that's what drew my attention to the book at first, then the blurb sold me on it. Hopefully it turns out to be a great read. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I keep forgetting why I don't want to read this but then I get to the end of the blurb and it comes back to me. I hated The Handmaid's Tale and since this is being compared to it, I don't think I'll be able to read this one. I hope you enjoy it though!
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do, it's looking like it could be on the miss side in general. Fingers crossed it will work out as a decent read, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Hey Alma, I nominated you for the liebster award =D you can check out the post here
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/03/liebster-award-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, thanks you Monique!! I'm not terribly familiar with the liebster award, but I have seen a few posts here and there on my blog hopping. Thank you so much!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...