Friday 6 June 2014

2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Programme -- May Update



The Book Blogger Summer Reading Program is a challenge created by Katie @ Katie's Book Blog to help make a dent in our ever growing TBR's over the summer months. I signed up for this challenge about a month ago and I originally planned to update each week. As I read around two books a week, there wouldn’t be that much content for an entire summary post! Doing a monthly update post seems much more realistic and practical.


My challenge is to read 35 books between May 1st and September 1st 2014. I read 11 books in May and they are:


Looking for Alex book cover


• Looking for Alex by Marian Dillon – 2.5 stars – Review


Held by Jessica Pine book cover


• Held by Jessica Pine – 1.5 stars – No review


Life Eternal by Yvonne Woon book cover


• Life Eternal by Yvonne Woon – 4.5 stars – Review


Die for Me by Amy Plum book cover


• Die for Me by Amy Plum – 3 stars – Review


Girl with Guitar book cover


• Girl with Guitar – 1 star – Review


Magic Under Glass book cover


• Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore – 3.5 stars – Review


The Bullet List book cover


• The Bullet List by Nikki Roman – 1.5 stars – No review


Little Beach Street Bakery book cover


• Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan – 5 stars – Review


Forgiven book cover


• Forgiven by Carly Fall – 3.5 stars – Review


The Lost Girl book cover


• The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna – 4 stars – Review


Hex Hall book cover


• Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins – 4 stars – Review to come.


I took part in Bout of Books 10 in May, and I managed to read a couple of extra books that I wasn’t planning on reading which is always nice. I only had one 5 Star book this month and that was Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan. I keep saying how much I love YA Paranormal and Fantasy, and the book I rate highest is an Adult Contemporary! I think I’ve become a lot harder to please with YA books recently. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing in suppose. I think I’m just growing as a reader and I’m recognising what I like and dislike much quicker. With all the awesome books about, taking the time to read a book that doesn’t meet my expectations sort of feels like a waste of reading time. I don’t really like DNF-ing, but since I started blogging I’m starting to realise I might have to start calling it a day half way through on those less than awesome reads.


With 11 books out of the way, I only (!) have 24 left to read by the end of August. I think I’ll be able to do this. When I signed up for the challenge, I was just starting to come out of a reading slump, so I was being a little cautious to make sure I’d be able to complete the challenge. I think I’ll be able to read 40 books, but 35 will give me a bit more leeway if I decide to take a break from reading for a day or two. Ok, who am I kidding! I'm addicted to reading, and that's next to impossible for me to do. Plus, the odds of two reading slumps hitting right after each other are pretty low – well, I certainly hope it’s extremely low odds!


Hope you had a fantastic May, happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...