Sunday 1 June 2014

Sunday Post #3 and STS: May 26 - June 1


The Sunday Post

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news, recap what has happened on the blog, what is upcoming and anything everything in between.


Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


I'm combining both meme's together this week and I'll have this post linked up to both linky's. Check out both blogs for all the details.


Books I Bought


I got quite a few books this week. Some haven't shown up in the post yet, so hopefully they'll arrive in the next few days. Breakable by Tammara Webber is one of those that hasn't shown up. I'm not panicking... yet! On a happy note: I've wanted to read The Ghost and the Goth for so long, and I finally have a copy!



The links will open up each books Goodreads page.

Until I Die by Amy Plum
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
Partials by Dan Wells
The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade


I've confessed to this before: I have never read Harry Potter. I know! I know! It seems impossible at this stage. Well, I finally caved in and bought a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. Yes, finally, I'll be able to join in on all the Harry Potter loving going around. Ok, so that depends on whether I'll like the book or not... No pressure then!




On the Blog this past week


Monday: Review: Forgiven by Carly Fall
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten Young Adult Books
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday: The Murder Complex
Thursday: Review: Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan
Friday: F&F Friday: Epic Characters Vs. Awesome Writing
Saturday: Review: Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore


Books I read this past week



Up Next... Maybe



Soundtrack for the Week


Maroon 5 -- Payphone



Have a great week! Happy Reading :)



18 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved Delirium. And Partials was really good too. Of course Harry Potter is epic and I'm so glad you're giving it a try. Just to see how JK Rowling weaves everything together throughout the whole series...Eee! I'm excited for you. I hope you enjoy them all!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I like Harry Potter. 'Bout time I caught up! Thanks for stopping by Sandy, have a great week :)

      Delete
  2. Great haul. Loved Delirium and The Iron King too. Happy reading.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm looking forward to reading both of them. Hope I love them too. Thanks for stopping by Jenea, have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Not many people I know have read the Amy Plum series. I hope you enjoy it! I haven't read HP either so don't feel bad :P

    Oh and I love Payphone. I love Maroon 5. <3

    Thanks dropping by my STS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Die for Me a couple of weeks ago, and it was OK. I'd already ordered the second book before I started Die for Me, so I'll read it at some stage. And phew! I'm glad I'm not alone, HP has been everywhere for so long I thought, why not, give it a go :)

      Yay with the Maroon 5 love! I'm hot a hard core fan, but I do love some of their songs. Have a great week Jazmen, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. You know what ? I've only read the first book of Harry Potter, but I've seen all the movies ! Nice book haul, I'm interested by Amy Plum. Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read all the HP books =) Thanks for stopping by Red, have a great week too!

      Delete
  5. Awesome haul, and great TBR books. I have not read many of them, but I have heard great things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay! You're in for a treat with Harry Potter! Hopefully all the spoilers that have been spoken and mentioned that last few years will be forgotten by you once you get going! It's really an amazing series!

    And The Iron King is incredible too! I LOVE the Iron Fey Chronicles! One of my first "faery" series and I immediately got hooked!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'll have to try and erase my HP memory :D I've heard so many good things about The Iron King, can't wait to start it too. Thanks for stopping by Jessica!

      Delete
  7. You've never read Harry Potter? Oh, you're in for a treat. ;) The only Lauren Oliver I've read was Panic, and really disappointed with that, but heard a lot of good things about the Delirium series so *fingers crossed* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! When it was released, I'd deemed it as "childish," in the way only young teens can! Bout time I read it actually. I've heard mixed things about Delirium, hopefully I'll like it. I haven't read anything by Lauren Oliver yet, and yep, fingers crossed!

      Delete
  8. You have some great books this week! Enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keeley, I've been wanting to read quite a few of them for a while, so hopefully I'll like them. Thanks for stopping by =)

      Delete
  9. Oh The Iron King is one I still want to read sometime this year hopefully. Hope you like it. Sorry for the belated return visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I'm loving the Iron King! Thanks for stopping by Jay =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...