Tuesday 3 June 2014

Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer -- 2014 Edition


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish.


There was two options this week: Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag or Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer. As you can probably tell from the title of this post, I've chosen the second. Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer


When I think of “Summer Reads” I automatically think of contemporary books. I have been trying to read more contemporary lately, but my favourite genres are fantasy, paranormal, sci-fi and horror. Regardless of the season, these are the kind of books I’ll be reading! My list isn’t going to have that summery feel, but these are the books that will be in my beach bag this summer -- if I actually go to the beach. Ireland? Erm, not exactly the first destination you think of for bucket and spade holidays!


These five books either haven’t been released or I don’t have a copy… yet!


Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout book cover


• Opposition

by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Daemon Black? Enough said. August cannot come quick enough.


Resistance by C.J. Daugherty book cover


• Resistance

by C.J. Daugherty


Resistance is being released very soon. Unfortunately cash is a little tight after my latest Amazon haul, so I had to put off pre-ordering this for the time being. Don’t mind me. I’ll be over here, incredibly envious of anyone who has a copy. And I will avoid every review like the plague!


Say Her Name by James Dawson book cover


• Say Her Name

by James Dawson


I read a review by Kirsty Marie over at Studio Reads last night, and I’m super happy it’s as scary as I was hoping. Can’t wait to read this one! It might be a while before I can get my hands on a copy, but it’ll be worth the wait.


Splintered by A.G. Howard book cover


• Splintered

by A.G. Howard


I’ve seen so many good things about this book and the series, and the covers are so beautiful! That’s almost reason enough to buy it. On my next book buying spree, I’ll definitely add this.


Dirty Angels by Karina Halle book cover


• Dirty Angels

by Karina Halle


If Karina Halle writes a book, I shall read it. No questions asked! If you’ve read The Artist’s Trilogy, you might know Javier Bernal. This is his book =)


I own a copy of these five, so they have already booked a place in my beach bag!


Breakable by Tammara Webber book cover


• Breakable

by Tammara Webber



Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass


• Throne of Glass

by Sarah J. Mass



 Cinder by Marissa Meyer book cover


• Cinder

by Marissa Meyer




The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade book cover


• The Ghost and the Goth

by Stacey Kade



The Iron King by Julie Kagawa book cover


• The Iron King

by Julie Kagawa



What books will make it into your beach bag this year? Or what books do you recommend reading this summer? Leave a link to your TTT post if you created one, or tell us in the comments!


16 comments:

  1. Splintered, Cinder and The Iron King are on my "Non beach read" summer list (they aren't on my list today but on my summer list). I really want to try and get to them over the summer. I look forward to hearing your reviews as you get to all of these. Throne of Glass is another I would like to get to eventually. *sigh* too many awesome books to read! Thanks for a great list! Have a great week!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I added the ones I have bought to my existing stacks of TBR's the other day and I had one of those "how the hell am I going to find the time to read all these?!" moments! And these are just the physical books, forget what I have on the Kindle app! I don't read that much contemporary, and most of my books aren't very summery, but hopefully they'll be good =) Thanks for stopping by Kristalyn, have a great week, too!

      Delete
  2. Cinder and Throne of Glass are on my TBR list. But Lux, Resistance, Splintered and Breakable may just need to go on there too....

    My TTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/top-ten-tuesday-books-for-the-beach-bag/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Breakable! I loved Easy, and seeing into Lucas's POV should be good. It's so hard not to add new books to TBR's. I have such a hard time on Wednesdays with Waiting on Wednesday posts, I add at least ten each week! Thanks for stopping by!

      (PS, I didn't realise you were from Ireland, too, Hi! *waves*)

      Delete
  3. I'm dying to read Cinder and the cover for The Ghost and The Goth looks pretty funny. I'd love to read Splintered too. I've seen some great reviews but haven't gotten my hands on it yet. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had The Ghost and the Goth on my TBR for so long, I'm so happy I finally got a copy! Thanks for stopping by Katherine :)

      Delete
  4. Opposition! Yes! Almost chose that but then my list started turning into a summer release list and that's a topic for another week, so I had to reign it in a bit!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know the feeling. There are so many books I'm looking forward to this summer, ten doesn't quite cover it! Thanks for stopping by Jessica :)

      Delete
  5. I still need to read Throne of Glass and Cinder too. I always feel like i am the last on that hasn't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about being the last to read books, I haven't read Harry Potter yet... I'm only a decade and a half late! I have got the first book, so I hope to catch up! Thanks for stopping by Caitie!

      Delete
  6. Awesome picks! I love the Iron King; I still have to read and buy the rest of the series though! Splintered sounds so amazing; I've heard some pretty good things about it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had The Iron King on my TBR for so long, I can't wait to read it! I adore Splintered's cover, and the others in the trilogy too. Can't wait to get my hand on a copy. Thanks for stopping by Krystianna, have a great week!

      Delete
  7. I really want to try to get Throne of Glass into my summer reading schedule too!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many good things about Throne of Glass, hope we both love it =) Thanks for stopping by Missie!

      Delete
  8. Great picks. I recently read Cinder and really enjoyed it, think that's a great choice. I have Breakable and am really excited to read that one. I'm also hoping to do a buddy read of Throne of Glass soon, have heard great things. I hope you manage to get to them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I get around to them all really quickly too! I've pretty much got my entire summers worth of reading booked up already. Kind of intimidating when I think of it that way! I can't wait to read Breakable! I loved Lucas in Easy, so seeing inside his head in Breakable should be really good. Hope we both love it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...