Wednesday 11 June 2014

WoW #14 Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers

Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers

Expected publication: July 4th 2014

Genres: YA/NA Contemporaty; Music; Realistic Fiction

Add to Goodreads


His world is music…
…Her world is silent.


Ali Blinde was a prodigy destined to become one of the greatest musicians of the 21st century.

Until the brain tumor struck.

Now seventeen, Ali lives in a soundless world where she gets by with ASL and lip-reading. So when she meets Jace Beckett, she thinks he’s her worst nightmare come true. Jace is the lead singer in the wildly-popular band, Tone Deaf, and he’s exactly the kind of success-story Ali hates and resents.

Nineteen-year-old Jace has it all: fame, money, and any girl he wants. Every night on tour brings a new performance and a new girl, which is just what he needs to avoid the pain of relationships.

But when Jace learns Ali is being abused, he reluctantly proposes a solution: Run away with him and his band as they tour the country. With freedom in sight, Ali takes the offer. Immediately, she’s swept into a world filled with wild punk music, wilder musicians, and maybe—just maybe—love.

-- As seen on Goodreads


I accidentally stumbled across Tone Deaf on Goodreads, and it seems like a really good concept. I haven't read a book with a deaf main character before, but I have read books with other secondary characters who are hard-of-hearing or deaf. From the blurb, it touches on quite a few issues, and it'll be interesting to see how it's handled. I'm hoping it doesn't fall into the same old New Adult traps though. If it doesn't, it could be really good.


What books are you waiting on? Tell us in the comments or leave a link to your WoW post!



20 comments:

  1. I do like the sounds of this one. Great choice.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it turns out good, New Adult can be so hit or miss I really hope it doesn't follow the same formula. Thanks Jenea :)

      Delete
  2. I always kind of avoid music based books, especially when it comes to made up band and stuff because I find it cheesy, but it does sound good- and different, a lead that's deaf, so I'll have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. Music books are my guilty little addiction though, I can't pass them by! The thing that stuck with me was a deaf MC, so I really really hope it doesn't fall into the standard NA trap. And fingers crossed it won't be cheesy either!

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this one! I LOVE the vortex of colors though, very gorgeous! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love the colours! Thanks Alyssa =)

      Delete
  4. This is a new title to me and I admit that it looks different and quite appealing. I agree with you, from the blurb it does sound like it touches a few issues, so it should really be interesting reading how the characters handle those. Great pick, Alma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia, it seems quite different to anything I've noticed in NA recently, so hopefully it can pull it off.

      Delete
  5. This is definitely new to me. Not sure it's really my kind of read, not a contemp reader honestly. But still hope you absolutely love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to read more contemporary recently, and I've had a few good reads here and there. Hopefully this will be another one =) (Fantasy/Paranormal/Sci-Fi's are still my faves overall though! )

      Delete
  6. I just find myself sucked into books like this. There's just something about them.... I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly.

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I just have to give them a chance! Thanks for stopping by Sandy =)

      Delete
  7. I love this meme because I find so many new books! Sounds great!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, I end up adding so many new books every week. Thanks Missie :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds interesting & fun, so thanks for sharing :) I'm adding it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds good! Thanks for sharing and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keeley, hopefully it turns out to be good!

      Delete
  10. Aw, that looks and sounds really cute and I hope you enjoy it once you read it. I'll be keeping an eye out for it myself. Awesome pick!

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my post earlier. Have a great week ahead and happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarika, and you too! Happy reading :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...