Wednesday 18 June 2014

WoW #15 Some Fine Day by Kat Ross


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Some Fine Day by Kat Ross

Expected publication: July 1st 2014

Genres: Young Adult Sci-Fi - Dystopian

Add to Goodreads


Some Fine Day by Kat Ross book cover

Sixteen-year-old Jansin Nordqvist is on the verge of graduating from the black ops factory known as the Academy. She's smart and deadly, and knows three things with absolute certainty:

1. When the world flooded and civilization retreated deep underground, there was no one left on the surface.

2. The only species to thrive there are the toads, a primate/amphibian hybrid with a serious mean streak.

3. There's no place on Earth where you can hide from the hypercanes, continent-sized storms that have raged for decades.

Jansin has been lied to. On all counts.

-- As seen on Goodreads


Yeah, the cover did draw me in at first. Then I saw the word "toads". Well, I've read books about aliens, vampires, countless different types of shifters, ghosts, angels, demons, automatons, zombies and witches... why not add toads to the list? Ok, all joking aside, it does seem a little different to some of the dystopians around at the minute and it's got me a bit curious.


What books are you waiting on this week? Leave a link in the comments if you have a WoW post so I can visit :)


9 comments:

  1. That does sound different - primate/amphibian hybrid? Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Hopefully it'll be a good read, thanks for stopping by Jenny =)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, very interesting - I love the blurb! Great pick :)

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh that does sound intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to check out this book, it's too interesting to resist! : )

    I nominated you for the Liebster award. You can read more about it HERE.

    Congrats and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the nomination! I'm a little swamped right now, but I'll definitely post my answers as soon as I can =)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...