Tuesday 5 August 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Resistance by C.J. Daugherty



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser: Resistance by C.J. Daugherty


She felt safe.

For just a second, she closed her eyes. It was so quiet and calm, the only sound the swish of the waves reaching the sand, and the sigh as the water returned to the sea. It was... perfect.

That was when the first shot split the air.

-- Resistance, page 3


 Resistance by C.J. Daugherty book cover

Title: Resistance by C.J. Daugherty
Series: Night School, #4

Add to Goodreads


Finding refuge at a secret location in the south of France, Allie almost convinces herself she's safe - until Nathaniel's guards attack. Then she's on the run again, and forced to return to the one place she can truly call home: Cimmeria Academy.

But when she arrives, she barely recognises it. Tensions are on a knife edge. Now most of the students have deserted the school, the teachers can't be trusted and guards are in charge. Worse, Nathaniel is close - very close - to getting everything he wants.

Desperate to do something - anything! - to stop him, Allie agrees to accompany Lucinda on a dangerous late-night mission. But in doing so, is she putting her friends' lives at risk?

Carter and Sylvain are both ready to fight by her side - and prove their love. Allie knows she must make up her mind once and for all about who she really wants. No one will wait for ever.

The time for indecision is over. Everything is at stake and winner takes all...

-- As seen on Goodreads



What do you think? What book are you reading this week? Leave a link to your post so I can stop by, or tell us in the comments.



18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That sounds good.

    I fear mine is not nearly as exciting. http://wp.me/pZnGI-aw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I have this one but haven't gotten to it yet! Love this series!

    Here's my teaser: http://www.owlcatmountain.com/2014/08/05/tuesday-teaser-august-5/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Night School has become one of my favourite series. Definitely read it ASAP, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I just had to keep reading until I finished it last night, and my jaw was on the floor! O...M...G It's bloody brilliant! My personal favourite of all four books in honesty. Ohh I really hope you love it just as much as I did :D

      Delete
  3. Wha-oh! Sounds exciting! And awesome cover!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound good! I hope you are enjoying it. Thanks for visiting my TT
      http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/teaser-tuesday-august-5/

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jessica and Cleo! I loved it! It's such an awesome series, I highly recommend it. I love the covers, too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Great pick for your teaser!! I love the sounds of the sea, mixed with a shot ringing out. Excellent, and enticing. Now I want to know more!! Thanks for sharing!
    My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your Teaser. Beautiful description and a real surprise when the shot rang out!
    My Tuesday post features BETTER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for stopping by Sandra!

      Delete
  6. Oooh... I like that one! Nice tease!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Naomi! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Good teaser.

    How about a Christmas cozy mystery to help to cool you down during the summer? Here's my latest teaser: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-christmas-carol-murder-teasertuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a really good book. I'm going to have to add this to be TBR list.

    ~April @ Once Upon a Coffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you love it! I adore the entire series. Thanks for stopping by April :)

      Delete
  9. Ooh, as soon as I read the first line, I knew something was about to happen! Nobody can feel safe for long. :) Great teaser!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...