Wednesday 22 October 2014

WoW #31 - The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall


Expected publication: January 13th 2015

Genres: Young Adult; Thriller; Mystery


Add to Goodreads


The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall  book cover

To fight her destiny as the missing heir to a powerful and dangerous secret society, sixteen-year-old Avery West must solve an ancient puzzle in a deadly race across Europe. Forbidden love and code-breaking, masked balls and explosions, destiny and dark secrets collide in this romantic thriller, in the vein of a YA DaVinci Code.

Avery West's newfound family can shut down Prada at the Champs-Elysees when they want to shop in peace, and can just as easily order a bombing when they want to start a war.

They are part of a powerful and dangerous secret society called the Circle of Twelve, and Avery is their missing heir. If they discover who she is, some of them will want to use her as a pawn. Some will want her dead.

To thwart their plans, Avery must follow a trail of clues from the landmarks of Paris to the back alleys of Istanbul and through a web of ancient legends and lies. And unless she can stay one step ahead of beautiful, volatile Stellan, who knows she’s more than she seems, and can decide whether to trust mysterious, magnetic Jack, she may be doomed after all.


Oh gosh, this book sounds so good! I love the idea – while it does seem sort of familiar, I really like the deadly race across Europe part. Oh, and, yeah, I was pretty much sold at “forbidden love and code-breaking, masked balls and explosions, destiny and dark secrets.” I love really fast paced thrillers, and hopefully The Conspiracy of Us is exactly that!


What books are at the top of your must-read lists?



25 comments:

  1. You're the second person that I've come across today who is waiting on this one. Sounds like an interesting read. Have a great week.
    Here is my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I really hope I like it :)

      Delete
  3. This one sounds really amazing! I'm totally digging some YA thrillers lately and I really love Historical Mysteries like this. A YA version of The DaVanci Code is something I have always dreamed of! Plus I love that cover... I WANT THIS ONE SO BAD! Great pick!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds absolutely amazing!! I really, really hope it lives up to be blurb. If it does, it'll be so good :D And yes, I love the cover too :D Thanks for stopping by, Cassi!

      Delete
  4. OOoh that's new to me! Sounds awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great. Masked balls and secret societies, I'm in! I really like the cover too. Thanks for sharing :)
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! It sounds so good, and *fingers crossed* it'll live up to the blurb :D

      Delete
  6. Yes! This sounds so good! Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one was my WoW choice a few weeks ago! I hope you love the book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yay! Hope we both love it! It sounds so good =) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I love the cover to this! This one sounds like it will be a great read. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Hopefully it'll be really good!

      Delete
  9. I'm really, really excited to check this out! The author had me at "dangerous secret society"! lol, awesome pick!!

    Here's My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's one of those blurbs that I ended up grinning after reading it the first time. It sounds so amazing! Thanks for stopping by, Kerry!

      Delete
  10. Awh damn, it sounds amazing and I mean I'm always a little 50/50 when it's forbidden love, I guess it depends on if it's cheesy or not ,haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good point... hopefully it'll be handled in a believable way. If it is, then it could be so good :D

      Delete
  11. New to me! You are right it does sound super fast paced. Thanks for stopping by my WOW:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard about this one but it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds so good! Thanks Missie :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...