Friday 30 January 2015

2015 New Release Challenge



I’m signing up for the 2015 New Release Challenge hosted by Lexxie @ Unconventional Book Views and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! I have dozens of 2015 releases that I hope to read, but it’s always a bit difficult to predict just how many I’ll actually manage to get my hands on and read within the year! I’ll be including mini-updates of all my challenges at the end of each month in my Sunday Post/weekend post, and maybe a larger quarterly wrap-up post – we’ll see how things go :)


Here are the rules, guidelines and levels to pick for the challenge:


The rules for the 2015 New Book Release Challenge are simple:
  • Books has to be read and reviewed in 2015, and the book has to be released in 2015
  • Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2015 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the first rule.
  • The minimum length for a book to qualify is 130 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
  • The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2015, and sign-ups are open until March 15th.
There are four levels in the New Book Release Challenge:
  1. -- 1 - 15 books per year – New Release Newbie
  2. -- 16 - 30 books per year – New Release Pro
  3. -- 31 - 45 books per year – New Release Veteran
  4. -- +45 books per year – New Release Enthusiast

I was thinking of signing up for Level 1, but I’m going to be brave and aim for Level 2! I’ve read two 2015 releases in January – Ensnared by A.G. Howard and Tunnel Vision by Susan Adrian – so hopefully I’ll be able to read 14 more by the end of the year, and hit at least 16 books :D


Now for the fun part – some of the books I hope to read!

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

End of Days by Susan Ee

Winter by Marissa Meyer

Shutter by Courtney Alameda

Endgame by C.J. Daugherty

Duplicity by N.K. Traver

How many 2015 releases do you hope to read this year?


6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge, Alma! I'm so happy you've signed up :) Good luck on reaching level two during 2015.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexxie! I love the idea of this challenge, and hopefully I'll get at least 16 read :D I hope to read closer to the 30 mark, but we'll start at an easier level and see how things go!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lexxie! I think I'm gonna need it!

      Delete
  2. Great list! I'm looking forward to Winter and the two books by Sarah J Maas! Unfortunately, I still haven't even read the Throne of Glass series! I'm so behind!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh!! You really should try Sarah J. Maas as soon as you can! I'm in awe of her books right now. They're absolutely fabulous! And Winter really can't come quick enough! It'll be a long wait time, but it'll be worth it :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...