I’m signing up for the 2015 New Release Challenge hosted by Lexxie @ Unconventional Book Views and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! I have dozens of 2015 releases that I hope to read, but it’s always a bit difficult to predict just how many I’ll actually manage to get my hands on and read within the year! I’ll be including mini-updates of all my challenges at the end of each month in my Sunday Post/weekend post, and maybe a larger quarterly wrap-up post – we’ll see how things go :)
Here are the rules, guidelines and levels to pick for the challenge:
The rules for the 2015 New Book Release Challenge are simple:
- Books has to be read and reviewed in 2015, and the book has to be released in 2015
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2015 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the first rule.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 130 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2015, and sign-ups are open until March 15th.
There are four levels in the New Book Release Challenge:
- -- 1 - 15 books per year – New Release Newbie
- -- 16 - 30 books per year – New Release Pro
- -- 31 - 45 books per year – New Release Veteran
- -- +45 books per year – New Release Enthusiast
I was thinking of signing up for Level 1, but I’m going to be brave and aim for Level 2! I’ve read two 2015 releases in January – Ensnared by A.G. Howard and Tunnel Vision by Susan Adrian – so hopefully I’ll be able to read 14 more by the end of the year, and hit at least 16 books :D
Now for the fun part – some of the books I hope to read!
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
End of Days by Susan Ee
Winter by Marissa Meyer
Shutter by Courtney Alameda
Endgame by C.J. Daugherty
Duplicity by N.K. Traver