Saturday 2 May 2015

April 2015 Wrap-Up: Holidays 'n Books!



I’m linking up to both Stacking the Shelves and The Sunday Post memes this weekend.


Re-Cap

Firstly, helloooo!! How’ve you all been?? It feels like I’ve been away from blogging for ages, when it’s only been a little over two weeks. I had an amazing time in Florida, and I wish I could say I returned home relaxed, refreshed and chilled out… but, erm, well… to put it bluntly, jet-lag’s a bitch! The drop in temperature is another shock: its 5˚C right now… and I was basking - or, more accurately, baking - in 32˚C a couple of days ago. I'm freezing in places I didn’t realise I could freeze! It’s so hard to get back to normal, too. I’m still in holiday-mode! I’ll hopefully have a proper post with all my holiday pics up during the week, or next weekend at the latest.


Oh! But I do have to mention one little thing! I just might have had lunch reservations here…


Be Our Guest Restaurant Magic Kingdom

... at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom! If you ever plan on going to Walt Disney World, I highly recommend it! The food was delicious, and the decor and atmosphere is PHENOMENAL! The lighting was a lot darker that I expected, though, and I’m a little disappointed with the pics I took inside the restaurant, but… that’s just an excuse to go back, right?!


Books I Read this Month


My Daylight Monsters by Sarah Dalton Sister by Sarah Dalton The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

City of Fae by Pippa DaCosta Cress by Marissa Meyer

My Daylight Monsters by Sarah Dalton

Sister by Sarah Dalton

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

City of Fae by Pippa DaCosta

Cress by Marissa Meyer



Books I Bought Recently

I did go a little bit mad buying books while I was in Florida. I don’t feel too guilty about it: any time I’m in the States I usually end up in a shopping mall, and they usually have a few bookshops… so I’d set aside some dollars as a precaution! The one I'm most anxious to read right now is Shutter by Courtney Alameda. I've heard lots of praise for it, and once I came across it in Barnes and Noble, I knew I'd have to buy it! I did buy quite a few others, and I'll get the rest of my pictures sorted for next weekend's wrap-up, promise!



When I came home, my pre-orders of A Court of Thorns and Roses and End of Days were waiting for me! I wasn’t expecting to get them so early, and nothing on this earth was going to keep me from starting End of Days straight away! I’m really tempted to re-read ACoTaR, and I’ll probably give in really soon. Plus, it’ll help with my re-read challenge!




For Review

Twist by Karen Akins St Martin's Press

Thank you so much St Martin’s Press for sending me Twist by Karen Akins! I read Loop last year, and I LOVED it, and I can’t wait to see what happens next!



On the Blog this Month

Reviews

Review: Say Her Name by James Dawson

Review: The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

DNF: Unwritten by Chelsea M. Cameron

Review: Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee

Review: The Infinite by Lori M. Lee

Review: Melt by Selene Castrovilla

Review: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

Mary Hades Novella Reviews: My Daylight Monsters and Sister by Sarah Dalton


Other Posts

Life of a Blogger: Astrology

Top 10 Characters I'd Like To Check In With

My Top 10 All-time Favourite Authors

May 2015 New Book Releases



Challenge Updates

Re-Read Challenge

0/10 Rereads

Unfortunately, I haven’t re-read any books so far. There’s still plenty of time, I won’t panic… yet!


Fairytale Retelling Challenge

3/10 Retellings

I've read one more retelling since my last update: Cress by Marissa Meyer.


2015 New Release Challenge

6/16 books

I'm really happy with the progress I've made with this challenge so far! I had a feeling I'd struggle with this one, so it's a really nice surprise to be doing pretty good. I've read three more 2015 releases since my last update: Dreamfire by Kit Alloway, The Infinite by Lori M. Lee, and City of Fae by Pippa DaCosta.



Hope you have a fab week, and happy reading!




2 comments:

  1. The Magic Kingdom looks nice. I find that there's a special effect in photoshop that will brighten up the pictures. You got some great books. Waiting on my copy of End of Days to come. I hope that you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhhhhh!!!!!! Nice!! I am hoping next year to be going to Disney World! I have got to spend some odd amount of hours in the Belle land! LOL! Very nice!

    And great haul! See lots of ones I am excited for, a few I already have but still need to read too! Looks like you had a great month! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...