Tuesday 7 July 2015

10 Hyped Young Adult Books I Haven't Read



I’m a fairly recent convert to Young Adult books. Looking back, there wasn’t an exact moment where I consciously chose to read more YA titles than Adult, it kind of slowly progressed that way. The last year-and-a-half to two years has seen my biggest shift toward reading YA, and with all the books I’m reading and loving it doesn’t look like that’s going to change any time soon. There have been SO MANY awesome YA books released over the past five or so years, and since I was so late to the YA revolution I feel like I’m playing catch up!


I'm linking up with the Top Ten Tuesday meme, run by The Broke and the Bookish this week.


I see these 6 books EVERYWHERE, and I’m probably one of the last people on Earth that hasn’t read them yet. I really do want to change this status, and this is where you come in! Which one of these books/series should I make my top priority to read as soon as I can?


Legend by Marie Lu Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Graceling by Kristin Cashore
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Legend by Marie Lu

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


The next 4 books I’m a little unsure of. I think it’s safe to say most of us have been bitten by the hype bug once or twice – I know I have! These titles are insanely popular, but I’m kind of scared of trying them and finding they don’t live up to my expectations. If you’ve read any of them, let me know which ones really do live up to the hype, and think I should try!


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


I’ve begun the painful process of accepting that I’ll never get to read all the books I want to read in my lifetime. (Oh, who am I kidding - this will never sink in! I’ll still carry on trying to read ALL the books until the bitter end!) If you had to pick, which book from this list would you recommend I read right now, and which ones should I skip?

Thanks for reading, and have a fab Tuesday!




8 comments:

  1. I LOVED Shatter Me, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and Legend! I highly recommend them! Accepting that you won't be able to read EVERY book is quite depressing. Why must life be so short!?

    My TTT

    Lizzie @ Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I really wish I could read every book I like the sound of, but it's not possible sadly :( I can't wait to try Shatter Me, Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Legend now! I got a copy of Daughter of Smoke and Bone last week, so hopefully I'll love it :D Thanks for stopping by, Lizzie!

      Delete
  2. Nice! I've read Shatter Me, Mara Dyer, and Legend! All were great! They were intriguing reads for sure since those were kind of mysterious and/or dystopic! Hope you get to read these soon and enjoy them!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I really hope I can get my hands on them all soon :)

      Delete
  3. I highly recommend "The Book Thief" !! It's absolutely fantastic!

    Check out my TTT post: https://greenishbookshelf.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/top-10-tuesday-hyped-books-ive-never-read/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for the recommendation Jane!

      Delete
  4. The Book Thief really is a great book and out of all of these you really should read! :-) The Perks of Being A Wallflower is definitely over-hyped >.<

    Enjoy these if you decide to read them :-)

    Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :D Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid of that with Perks. I've seen it everywhere, and just from the synopsis it didn't seem as amazing as the hype was making it out to be. I think I might skip it, at least for a while longer :D But The Book Thief, oooh I think I'll have to get my hands on a copy soon :D Thanks for stopping by, Emma, and for the recommendations!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...