Wednesday 29 July 2015

WoW #59: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard



This week, I'm waiting on...


Truthwitch


by Susan Dennard


 Truthwitch by Susan Dennard book cover


Expected publication: January 5th 2016

Genres: Fantasy; Young Adult


Add to Goodreads


On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.


Truthwitch is one of THE most hyped books around right now, and this synopsis sounds so amazingly EPIC – Throne of Glass level epic! And it’s a four book series – huge YAY for breaking away from the trilogy habit. Plus, I love this cover!

I’ve been meaning to start Susan Dennard’s Something Strange and Deadly trilogy for a while now, but haven’t got around to it yet. January 2016 is quite a while away, so hopefully I’ll be able to start it before Truthwitch is released.


What do you think of Truthwitch? Were you lucky enough to snag an ARC at BEA?? And have you read the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy? What did you think of it and would you recommend it? Thanks for stopping by, and happy reading!

* Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. *




6 comments:

  1. This isn't my cup of tea but I hope you LOVE it!

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this at BEA and I'm obsessed with it. I can't stop thinking about it and I walk about it all the time. I probably annoy everyone around me but I DON'T CARE cause it is very much EPIC so I hope you enjoy the crap out of when it releases and definitely check out her SS&D series. It's so different and unique from other books that I loved reading them. It was such an escape and an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Definitely looking forward to this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for this! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Haven't read Something Strange and Deadly or Throne of Glass (I know... What is wrong with me?!?) but I soooo want to read Truewitch! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this author yet, although her other series sounds really good. Not sure about this book though, not really my type. But I hope you get a hold of it soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...