Thursday 4 February 2016

I Solemnly Swear I’ll Complete These Series This Year


I Solemnly Swear I’ll Complete These Series This Year

I mentioned back in my New Year’s resolutions post in January that I wasn’t planning on signing up to many challenges this year. I’m still planning on staying as challenge-free as possible… but there is something I’ve been trying to do for the past year or so that I want to focus on, and that’s to complete more of the book series I’ve already started reading. Most of the series I’m currently obsessing over haven’t been completed yet, but there are a quite few I feel I should be able to chip away at throughout the year.

Recently, I’ve been thinking about what my reading habits were like before I began blogging, and I remember being fairly consistent completing a series if I enjoyed it. Since beginning blogging, though, my focus has slowly shifted and I have one eye that’s constantly anticipating books that’ll be released months, if not years, from now. While it’s awesome to know about all these new shiny books so far in advance, I feel like I’ve started to brush aside books that I really wanted to read only a few short months ago. I still plan on reading new releases, but I want to balance it out with backlist titles as well – older books deserve to be remembered, too!


Mortal Heart by Robin LaDevers Love Reborn by Yvonne Woon

His Fair Assassin Trilogy by Robin LaFevers // Dead Beautiful Trilogy by Yvonne Woon

The last books in both trilogies, Mortal Heart and Love Reborn, were released in 2014, so… I have no idea why I haven’t read them yet!



Winter by Marissa Meyer Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer // The Hex Hall Trilogy by Rachel Hawkins

I just bought Winter and Spell Bound, so at least these two series should be completed by the end of the year. I just have to hope they don’t end up sitting on my shelves for months unread… as the vast majority of the books I buy end up doing, (oops!).



The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson

The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski // The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson

Okay, so it’s probably cheating to include the next three series in this list as the final book hasn’t been released yet … but they will be released by the end of the year, so we’ll go with it! The Winner’s Kiss and The Beauty of Darkness are two of my most anticipated released of 2016, and I definitely plan on reading both books by the end of the year!



Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch

Snow Like Ashes Trilogy by Sara Raasch

I’ve only read the first book in the Snow Like Ashes trilogy, but I hope to get my hands on Ice Like Fire in the next couple of months. As far as I know, the last book in the trilogy – Frost Like Night – is set to be released in September… so plenty of time to catch up (in theory, anyway!)



The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

The Moral Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

I couldn’t connect with the first two books in the series, but I’m really glad I stuck it out and read City of Glass – it’s definitely the best book in the series, so far, and I’m beginning to see why so many love the Shadowhunter world. I’d love to finish off the last three books, but, in order to do that I need to read…



The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare

I’ve heard a lot of talk about William Herondale, both in the blogosphere and on Booktube… and okay, I need to see what all the fuss is about ;) I own both Clockwork Angel and City of Fallen Angels, so I should be able to make at least a little progress in the next month or two, and hopefully by the end of the year I’ll get some of the others read as well.



Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I had the first book in the series sitting on my shelves unread for absolutely forever, and I only got around to reading it at the end of last year, and it was a million times better than I expected. I honestly don’t know why I hadn’t tried the series long before now. They didn’t seem like ‘me’ books, but if the first book is anything to go by, they definitely are ‘me’ books! Shame the covers are so... meh. It's probably part of the reason why I kept overlooking them!


Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!



5 comments:

  1. Good luck with reading all of these! I don’t read many series because I hardly ever finish them.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lost count of how many series I have started and yet to complete! Every year I promise to catch up with them but last year I only caught up with two, which really isn't good enough! I hope to do better this year! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WINTER IS SO INTIMIDATING. It's kind of one of the reasons why I haven't bought it yet, or intend to? Which is sad. I guess I just never want the series to end.

    Also, I finished NO SERIES in 2015. So that is something I need to do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I am dying to finish The Remnant Chronicles and The Winner's Trilogy!! I really loved Winter, so I hope you enjoy that one! :D

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read some of these series as well, but I am not in a big hurry, as I am enjoying all my reads. Good luck!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...