Wednesday 13 April 2016

WoW #83: And I Darken by Kiersten White


This week, I'm waiting on...


And I Darken


by Kiersten White


And I Darken by Kiersten White   book cover


Expected publication: July 7th 2016

Genres: Fantasy; Historical fiction; Young Adult


Add to Goodreads


No one expects a princess to be brutal. And Lada Dragwyla likes it that way.

Ever since she and her brother were abandoned by their father to be raised in the Ottoman sultan’s courts, Lada has known that ruthlessness is the key to survival. For the lineage that makes her and her brother special also makes them targets.

Lada hones her skills as a warrior as she nurtures plans to wreak revenge on the empire that holds her captive. Then she and Radu meet the sultan’s son, Mehmed, and everything changes. Now Mehmed unwittingly stands between Lada and Radu as they transform from siblings to rivals, and the ties of love and loyalty that bind them together are stretched to breaking point.

The first of an epic new trilogy starring the ultimate anti-princess who does not have a gentle heart. Lada knows how to wield a sword, and she'll stop at nothing to keep herself and her brother alive.


Doesn’t this cover just scream badass main character?! And then I read the most wonderful words in the synopsis: ANTI-PRINCESS. And OTTOMAN empire. Seriously, I don’t think there is enough NEED in the world to express how much I want to read this book!

But going back to the cover for a second: there seems to be two different covers, and I greatly prefer the one I’ve included at the top of this post. I mean, the floral one is really pretty, but it seems a little… tame, despite having an impaler’s spike on the cover.


And I Darken by Kiersten White And I Darken by Kiersten White

Which one do you prefer?


Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!


* Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. *




1 comment:

  1. This one is definitely on my watch list! But leaning more strongly towards gotta have it! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...