Wednesday 30 November 2016

WoW #87: Hunted by Megan Spooner



Waiting on Wednesday Journey Through Fiction

This week, I'm waiting on...


Hunted


by Megan Spooner


 Hunted by Megan Spooner book cover


Expected publication: March 17th 2017

Genres: Fantasy; Retellings

Add to Goodreads


Beauty knows the Beast’s forest in her bones—and in her blood. Though she grew up with the city’s highest aristocrats, far from her father’s old lodge, she knows that the forest holds secrets and that her father is the only hunter who’s ever come close to discovering them.

So when her father loses his fortune and moves Yeva and her sisters back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved. Out in the wilderness, there’s no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas…or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman. But Yeva’s father’s misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey: the creature he’d been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance.

Deaf to her sisters’ protests, Yeva hunts this strange Beast back into his own territory—a cursed valley, a ruined castle, and a world of creatures that Yeva’s only heard about in fairy tales. A world that can bring her ruin or salvation. Who will survive: the Beauty, or the Beast?


It’s a Beauty and the Beast retelling… so, I need it! You may be familiar with my fairy tale retelling addiction, and I really hope this will be the perfect fix. I hope it’s not too similar to A Court of Thorns and Roses… hopefully it’ll take a completely different direction. Fingers crossed, anyway!


Do you like retellings? What are some of your favourites? And are you planning on reading Hunted?

Thanks for stopping by!


* Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. *



3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I haven't heard of this yet! It sounds so good, I need it! Hopefully we both love it when it comes out :)
    Check out my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my most anticipated books, and my friends are raving to me about it. I've been itching to read it even more since I got my hands on a copy in October, but my TBR is just too insane. Hopefully I'll finally read it this month, since it looks like a nice wintery book ^_^ Hope you love this one!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Most excited for this one! I adore B&tB retellings!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...