Sunday 15 June 2014

Sunday Post, #5 June 9 - 15


The Sunday Post

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news, recap what has happened on the blog, what is upcoming and anything everything in between.

Anyone can participate as long as you:

-- Enter your link on the post- Sundays beginning at 12:01 am(CST) (link will be open all week)
-- Link back to Caffeinated Book Reviewers blog
-- Visit others who have linked up


June 9 - 15 Re-Cap


The World Cup – the event that happens every four years that brings all football fans together… until the drama-lama referee’s make crazy decisions and start favouring one team over the other. Good times. It’s no secret I love football, so yeah, I’ve been a little bit distracted the past few days. I’m completely neutral as Ireland failed (miserably) to get into the competition. But I'm showing my support to all the European teams, and I do think out of the teams I've seen they have been the most consistent so far. As long as a European country wins, I think I shall be happy ;-)


On the reading/blogging side of things, I’m not having the best start to June. We are halfway through the month and I’ve read nothing that I really enjoyed. It felt like a chore to finish some of the books in honesty. Love, Lex might have been a little funny, but in hindsight, it’s quite badly written and didn’t deserve the 2.5 stars I gave it. I must have been in a generous mood that day. My expectations were very high for both Matched and Delirium, and I was so sure I was going to love them both. It’s so disheartening to have not one, but three books disappoint one after the other. It left me very discouraged for every other book I need to read this month. The only book I’ve completed that was pretty good was Spider’s Bite.


I was so afraid to start this book given my current mind-frame, but I decided to give The Iron King by Julie Kagawa a shot. I started it last night, and so far, sooooo good! I haven’t had much time to read the past couple of days – the World Cup being the reason – but from what I have managed to get done, I think I’ll like it *knock on wood!*


On the Blog this past week


Monday: Review: Matched by Ally Condie
Tuesday: Top Ten Books I’ve read in 2014 so far
Wednesday: WoW Tone Deaf by Olivia Rivers
Thursday: eARC Review: Love, Lex by Avery Aster
Friday: Feature & Follow: Armchair Travel


Books I read this past week


I included Delirium in my list last week, as I had hoped I would finish it last Sunday. I didn't get it finished then, so I'm re-including it this week. I won't be reviewing Over You, I don't feel I have enough to say about it.


Current and Upcoming Reads



I'm not expecting a whole lot of reading time this coming week. If I get The Iron King finished, I'd say that might be it, but I think I'll move onto My Soul to Take once that is finished.


Posts I loved


Emily May from The Book Geek shared this post on Goodreads this week and I agree with it. I haven't read The Fault in Our Stars, and I hadn't planned on reading it either. I'm not sure if it's for me, but with all the hype surrounding the movie, it's becoming overkill and it will make a lot of people turn against the book. -- The Atlantic.com -- No, The Fault in Our Stars Is Not Young-Adult Fiction’s Savior

I should have included this post last week, but Reviews from a Bookworm made an excellent point: CAPTCHA is evil. Discussion: Why Commenting Makes Me Feel Like A Performing Monkey

Ashley over at Nose Graze wonders how we market ourselves as bloggers and our blogs. I'm not a very in your face person, and quite a lot of the points Ashley makes applies for me too. Hell, even commenting on other blogs can be a huge step for me at this stage, never mind approaching others for things! What do you think, and how do you market yourself and your blog? How Well Do You Market Yourself & Your Blog?



Soundtrack for the Week


Katatonia -- My Twin




Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week and happy reading!



12 comments:

  1. nice books this week. I've been wanting to read the Soul Screamers series. I've heard a lot of good things about it.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seem lots of praise for the series, and I really hope I end up loving it. Thanks for stopping by Kristin, have a great week!

      Delete
  2. It happened to me recently, 3 bad books in a row. Well, it happens. Fortunately, things have been looking up. I hope you'll enjoy your book haul, have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know it happens, can't help wishing it didn't though ;-) Can't love every book I guess. Thanks for stopping by, and you too, happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry reading this month has been a let down. Drop the scheduled books and pick up an author or series you adore! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have to. I'm reading The Iron King by Julie Kagawa now, and I'm really liking it, so I'm hoping this is the turning point *fingers crossed* Thanks for stopping by, and same to you, have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Oh very nice! I LOVED The Iron Fey Chronicles and the Soul Screamers series! Hope you enjoy them too!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking The Iron King so far! Hopefully My Soul to Take will be just as good =) Thanks for stopping by Jessica, have a great week!

      Delete
  5. I like football. American football, that is. ;) Ugh, hope you get some GOOD reading soon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too :) It's so disheartening not loving books, particularly when I think they seem like they could be something I could enjoy. Thanks for stopping by Christy, have a great week!

      Delete
  6. I just won Love, Lex - guess I won't rush to read it too soon. :-(

    Hope you love The Iron King, though - I LOVE Julie Kagawa!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love Love, Lex! It didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean it'll be bad for you :) I'm really enjoying The Iron King so far! It's definitely living up to my expectations :D Thanks for stopping by Nicole, have a great week!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...